9th Class Physics Chapter Wise Notes Details.
These notes are perfectly made, which will be of extraordinary advantage to you. With our instructive materials, you can get ready in excess of 100 percent of your Marks. It is a standout amongst other instructive substance on the web. This instructive material has been managed by experienced instructors. Made by an accomplished Physics educator. This plan is very important for exam preparation. The complete syllabus of the Physics book is described below There are nine chapters of Physics 9th book. Topics / Subtopics / Activities to be covered You must read it.
Chapter 1: Introduction to physics
- Physical quantities; International System of Units; prefixes; Scientific notation
- Practical: Introduction to use of graphs in Physics.
- Length measuring instruments
- Practical: Measuring length and diameter of a solid cylinder using Vernier calipers
- Practical: Measuring thickness of metal sheet or wire using screw gauge
- Mass measuring instruments
- Chapter 2: Kinematics
- Rest and motion; Types of motion; Scalars and vectors; Speed; velocity; AccelerationDistance-time graph; Velocity- time graph; Equations of motion;
- Motion of freely falling bodiesPractical: Finding acceleration of a ball rolling down an inclined angle iron
- Practical: Finding the value of ‘g’ by free fall method
- Exercise Ch.2 & Numerical.
9th Class Physics Notes / فزکس
Chapter 3: Dynamics
- Force; Inertial Newton’s laws of motion; Motion of two bodies connected to a string passing over a pulley; Momentum; Law of conservation of momentum
- Practical: Finding co-efficient of sliding friction between a wooden block and horizontal surface
- Friction; Uniform circular motion; Centripetal force and its applications
- Practical: Finding the force of limiting friction by a roller on a horizontal plane
Chapter 4: Turning effect of forces
- Like and unlike parallel forces; Add of forces; Resolution of forces.
- Practical: Finding the resultant of two forces graphically
- Practical: Finding the weight of an object by vector addition method
- Torque; Principle of moments; Centre of mass; Centre of gravity; Couple
- Practical: Verifying the principle of moments by balancing a metre rod on a wedge
- Equilibrium; 1st condition of equilibrium; 2nd condition of equilibrium; States of equilibrium,
- Stability of objects
- Practical: Finding the tension in the string by balancing a metre rod on two stands
- Practical: Finding weight of an object using principle of momentum
Chapter 5: Gravitation
- Force of gravitation; Law of gravitation; Gravitational field; Mass of the Earth; Variation of ‘g’ with altitude
- Practical: Finding the value of ‘g’ using simple pendulum
- Artificial satellites; Motion of artificial satellites; Orbital velocity
- Practical: Verifying that time period of a simple pendulum (i) independent of its mass and (ii) amplitude of vibration
Chapter 6: Work and Energy
- Forms of energy; Kinetic Energy; Potential energy; Interconversion of energy
- Practical: Drawing graphs between two physical quantities from given data
- Major sources of energy; Mass-energy equation; Energy and environment; Efficiency; Power.
- Practical: Interpreting a given graph, slope of a graph
Chapter 7: Properties of matter
- Kinetic molecular model of matter; Density; Pressure; Atmospheric pressure
- Practical: Finding the density of a liquid using a syringe
- Pressure in liquids; Pascal’s law and its applications; Archimedes principle; Principle of floatation
- Practical: Finding the density of a body heavier than water by Archimedes principle
- Chapter 8: Thermal properties of matter
- Temperature and heat; Thermometer; Scales of temperature; Conversion of temperature from one scale to another
- Thermal Expansion; Linear and volume thermal expansions in solids; Consequences and applications of thermal expansions; Thermal expansion of liquids
- Practical: Measuring the specific heat of fusion of ice
Chapter 9: Transfer of heat
- Conduction; Thermal conductivity; Convection; Convection currents in air; Use of convection currents.
- Radiation; Emission and absorption of radiation; Greenhouse effect; Application and consequences of radiation